Terms and Conditions
Phonic Tots Literacy Development LLC
1. Those in charge of the child/children are solely responsible for the care and safety of their child/ children at all times whilst attending Phonic Tots classes. Phonic Tots cannot accept any such responsibility.
2. It is the responsibility of the parent/carer attending the classes to ensure the child/ children do not interact with any material/ food substance that may cause an allergic reaction to their child/ children.
3. Phonic Tots will make every effort to supply items that are either edible, non-toxic/ hypoallergenic. However we advise that all materials provided, including foodstuffs, are not to be consumed by the child/ children attending as some products (even edible ones) may present a choking hazard. We do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any accident, allergic reaction or illness found to be directly caused by any product or item provided. The safety of the child remains the responsibility of the parent/ guardian attending the session. Attending adults are responsible for the safety of their child/children during each session. This includes the use of all materials and equipment and to ensure that you and your child/children behave in a way to not cause injury or abuse to other children or adults.
4. Those in charge of the child/children are under no circumstances allowed to leave the building without taking the child/ children within their care with them.
5. Phonic Tots are not liable for any loss or damage to personal property during a class. We recommend that children wear clothing appropriate for messy play as Phonic Tots will not be liable for any stains or marks on children’s clothes.
6. We do not keep any finished or part finished work from session activities. All materials or work remaining will be discarded. Please make sure you take your child’s work away with you if you wish.
Health and Safety Policy
1. The parent/carer is entirely responsible for their child whilst attending a Phonic Tots class.
2. Hot drinks are not allowed in a Phonic Tots class.
3. Children will not be allowed to go into any kitchen area if there is one.
4. Keep potentially harmful or breakable items out of children’s reach, particularly if you carry medicines or sharp items in your bags. On booking sessions parents must disclose their child’s allergies so Phonic Tots can make sure there is nothing in a session that a child could react too. However, Phonic Tots is not liable if any child should suffer an allergic reaction during a class.
5. Phonic Tots makes every effort to ensure no items provided during a class pose a choking hazard, however, Phonic Tots is not liable if a child were to choke in a session. Parents/carers are solely responsible for their child/ children during a class.
6. Due to the nature of the class, were we encourage fine motor development, Phonic Tots will have small resources. Therefor adult participation and monitoring of their child, from the moment they step into their classroom, is paramount.
7. Everything used in a session will be thoroughly cleaned before the next session.
8. If any adults or children due to attend a session have any COVID-19 symptoms they should not attend. Phonic Tots reserves the right to request a child leave the class if it is felt they are an infection risk to others.
9. If any adult or child tests positive for COVID-19 they will be asked to not attend and offered a make up session instead.
10. Adults or children who have suffered from sickness and/ or diarrhoea, are advised to avoid group activities for 48 hours after their last symptoms.
11. The layout of play equipment allows adults and children to move safely and freely between activities.
12. All equipment is regularly checked for cleanliness and safety and any broken items are repaired or discarded.
13. In the event of a messy play activity care should be taken when walking around near it as the floor may be wet or slippery. Phonic Tots is not liable if a child were to slip and cause themselves an injury during a session. Parents/carers are solely responsible for their children during class.
14. In the event of medical assistance, it is the parent /carer of the child responsibility to source and administer.
15. On the rare occasion that there are some food items at the sessions, Phonic Tots maintain the highest possible food hygiene standards with regard to the purchase, storage, preparation and serving of food. Food is stored at correct temperatures and is checked to ensure it is in-date and not subject to contamination by pests, rodents or mould.
16. Food preparation areas are cleaned before use as well as after use.
17. Hand sanitiser is available for children and parents/ carers to use to clean their hands prior to eating if they wish. Waste food is disposed of.
18. Each venue where Phonic Tots operates has procedures in place if there is a fire which Phonic Tots will follow in the event of a fire. Session Leaders know all the fire procedures of each venue and will let parents/carers know where the nearest fire escape is.
19. It must be stressed that children in attendance are under the supervision of their parents or carers at all times. Parents/ carers must not leave their child/ children unsupervised at any time.
Phonic Tots comply with the Personal Data Protection Law (Federal Decree Law No.45 of 2021 regarding the Protection of Personal Data) which controls how your personal information is used by organisations, businesses or the government. We respect and value the privacy of our customers.
What data do we collect:
· The name of the adult attending the class(es).
· Telephone numbers and email addresses.
· The name of any children attending the class(es).
· The date of birth of any children attending the class(es).
· Any allergies the children attending the class(es) have.
· Confirmation of those in charge of the child/children have read and acknowledged our Terms and Conditions.
· Confirmation of those in charge of the child/children are solely responsible for the care and safety of their child/ children at all times whilst attending Phonic Tots classes and they acknowledge there are small objects in class for child/children to access.
· Photos and videos for promoting, celebrating successes and advertising purposes unless it is specifically expressed not to by the adult/carer of the child/ children when booking the session(s).
· Phonics Tots does not have any access to payment details when you book.
· Phonics Tots uses Google Analytics to hold basic cookie information.
What we use and store the data for:
· To be able to contact you with details of the class you have booked.
· To be able to contact you if a class is cancelled or in an emergency situation.
· To be able to contact you if there is a change to a class.
· To check the suitability of the class for your child.
· To be able to provide for individual needs of each child where necessary.
· To use photos and videos for our website, posters and social media platforms unless specifically asked not to.
· To respond to any questions you may have asked us.
· For the use of a class register each session.
· The data collected by Google Analytics will be used to calculate page views and outbound clicks.
· For promotional reasons including upcoming classes or any special offers.
· You can withdraw your consent to hold data at any time. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Phonic Tots will not share your personal information with third parties unless we have your permission or except when applicable by law. The only exception is if the law compels us to. For example, sharing the information to protect you, your child or another person. We will share your information with government agencies if they need or request it.
· There is a cookie banner embedded into the Phonic Tots website which allows complete control on what data you are willing to share.
1. All Free Classes can only be booked once. If you miss your Free Class you need to sign up for Full Term Classes.
2. If you have booked Full Term Classes you can cancel your booking and request a refund up to 48 hours before the term begins. If you wish to cancel your term booking within 48 hours you will not be eligible for a refund but other class times will be offered to you if space is available. Please get in touch (via email@example.com) and we can see where we have space. If you are unable to attend other classes offered to you, you are still not eligible for a refund.
3. If you have booked Full Term Classes and you cannot attend a session because parent, carer or child is poorly please let us know (via firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can provide you a make up class. You are permitted to have 2 make up classes per term. You will not be eligible for a refund for this session even if you cannot attend any of the different sessions offered to you.